El Dorado Co. firefighters vote no confidence in Chief | News
PLACERVILLE, CA - The El Dorado County firefighters union voted no confidence in Chief Bruce Lacher.
The vote came during union meetings regarding the district's budget and reported discrepancies found between the fire district audit and an independent auditor, according to union president Luke Shepard.
"(We're) not happy to do this," Shepard said, speaking before the district's board of directors Thursday afternoon.
Fire Chief Bruce Lacher said it was "very disconcerting. Not surprising but disappointing."
Lacher said the relationship between him and the union began to "sour" after Lacher made a recommendation for budget cuts and that he was not going to use money in the reserve to meet budget.
The board of directors said on Thursday that Lacher took a pay cut himself.
Upcoming Events near El Dorado Hills / Cameron Park / Placerville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Folsom City Council Approves Specific Plan Amendment for Capital SouthEast Connector
- TrailFest: Taste of the Central Valley
- News10 My Neighborhood Wishes You a Very Happy Labor Day Weekend!
- Strauss Festival of Elk Grove and Elk Grove Lions Club to Host Art Walk Wine and Food Festival!
- Water Workshop In Elk Grove