El Dorado Co. firefighters vote no confidence in Chief | News
PLACERVILLE, CA - The El Dorado County firefighters union voted no confidence in Chief Bruce Lacher.
The vote came during union meetings regarding the district's budget and reported discrepancies found between the fire district audit and an independent auditor, according to union president Luke Shepard.
"(We're) not happy to do this," Shepard said, speaking before the district's board of directors Thursday afternoon.
Fire Chief Bruce Lacher said it was "very disconcerting. Not surprising but disappointing."
Lacher said the relationship between him and the union began to "sour" after Lacher made a recommendation for budget cuts and that he was not going to use money in the reserve to meet budget.
The board of directors said on Thursday that Lacher took a pay cut himself.
Top El Dorado Hills / Cameron Park / Placerville Stories
Upcoming Events near El Dorado Hills / Cameron Park / Placerville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Join Safe Kids Celebration May 18
- Thrifting: Off to Denios We go
- Sierra College Foster Youth to Benefit from event: Glitz, Glamour, and Girlfriends
- Matt Redding Memorial Golf Tournament set for June 17 at Whitney Oaks Golf Club
- Steve Budiono Joins Community 1st Bank as Senior Vice President/Senior Relationship Manager