Painter Thomas Kinkade dies at 54 | News
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- A family spokesman says California artist Thomas Kinkade, known for scenes of cottages, country gardens and churches in dewy morning light, has died. He was 54.
David Satterfield said Kinkade died Friday at his home in Los Gatos of what appeared to be natural causes.
Kinkade's sentimental paintings were beloved by middlebrow America but reviled by the art establishment. His paintings and spin-off products were said to fetch some $100 million a year in sales, and to be in 10 million homes in the United States.
Kinkade was a native of Placerville.
Top El Dorado Hills / Cameron Park / Placerville Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Join Safe Kids Celebration May 18
- Thrifting: Off to Denios We go
- Sierra College Foster Youth to Benefit from event: Glitz, Glamour, and Girlfriends
- Matt Redding Memorial Golf Tournament set for June 17 at Whitney Oaks Golf Club
- Steve Budiono Joins Community 1st Bank as Senior Vice President/Senior Relationship Manager