Sacramento couple found after 3 days near Georgetown | News
AUBURN, CA - Friends of a missing couple from Sacramento said the couple was found Wednesday near Hell Hole, Calif.
A search party resumed looking for Mark Schroeder, 55, and Janette DeGrace, 52, Wednesday morning, who were missing since Sunday after they went winetasting in El Dorado County.
"Luckily, they had snacks and melted snow for water," Schroeder's mother Jean Schroeder said. "He had a half tank of gas and turned heater on and off."
Friends said the couple got stuck in the snow near Georgetown. Schroeder reportedly walked six miles through two feet of snow when he got the attention of a California Highway Patrol helicopter.
The helicopter and Schroder went back to the car to rescue DeGrace and then both were transported to a hospital in Auburn for treatment.
Schroeder suffered minor frostbite and DeGrace was without medication for a health condition for four days.
Top El Dorado Hills / Cameron Park / Placerville Stories
Upcoming Events near El Dorado Hills / Cameron Park / Placerville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Join Safe Kids Celebration May 18
- Thrifting: Off to Denios We go
- Sierra College Foster Youth to Benefit from event: Glitz, Glamour, and Girlfriends
- Matt Redding Memorial Golf Tournament set for June 17 at Whitney Oaks Golf Club
- Steve Budiono Joins Community 1st Bank as Senior Vice President/Senior Relationship Manager