El Dorado Co. sheriff: Missing teen's autopsy results released | News
EL DORADO COUNTY, CA - Autopsy and toxicology results were released Monday for a 19-year-old Petaluma teen whose body was found in a Tahoe area snowbank several days after she was reported missing.
Alyssa Byrne succumbed to probable hypothermia from extended environmental exposure, according to the El Dorado County Sheriff's Office. Other findings included methamphetamine and multiple psychoactive drugs in her system, said Lt. Pete Van Arnum.
Byrne was reported missing over the New Year's Eve holiday weekend after attending the SnowGlobe Music festival with friends. The last known sighting of her was just before midnight on New Year's Eve. Her body was found Jan. 4 off to the side of Pioneer Trail.
Top El Dorado Hills / Cameron Park / Placerville Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Join Safe Kids Celebration May 18
- Thrifting: Off to Denios We go
- Sierra College Foster Youth to Benefit from event: Glitz, Glamour, and Girlfriends
- Matt Redding Memorial Golf Tournament set for June 17 at Whitney Oaks Golf Club
- Steve Budiono Joins Community 1st Bank as Senior Vice President/Senior Relationship Manager