El Dorado Co. sheriff: Missing teen's autopsy results released | News
EL DORADO COUNTY, CA - Autopsy and toxicology results were released Monday for a 19-year-old Petaluma teen whose body was found in a Tahoe area snowbank several days after she was reported missing.
Alyssa Byrne succumbed to probable hypothermia from extended environmental exposure, according to the El Dorado County Sheriff's Office. Other findings included methamphetamine and multiple psychoactive drugs in her system, said Lt. Pete Van Arnum.
Byrne was reported missing over the New Year's Eve holiday weekend after attending the SnowGlobe Music festival with friends. The last known sighting of her was just before midnight on New Year's Eve. Her body was found Jan. 4 off to the side of Pioneer Trail.
Upcoming Events near El Dorado Hills / Cameron Park / Placerville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Folsom City Council Approves Specific Plan Amendment for Capital SouthEast Connector
- TrailFest: Taste of the Central Valley
- News10 My Neighborhood Wishes You a Very Happy Labor Day Weekend!
- Strauss Festival of Elk Grove and Elk Grove Lions Club to Host Art Walk Wine and Food Festival!
- Water Workshop In Elk Grove