Rescued woman knew she'd never see boyfriend again | News
CARSON CITY, Nev. (AP) - A Nevada woman who survived six frigid days in the Sierra says she asked her boyfriend not to venture out for help after their Jeep became stuck in mud on a back road.
Paula Lane says she remembers telling 44-year-old Roderick Clifton they should stay with vehicle and ride out the storm together.
Instead, she says Clifton gave her a wave and walked away.
Speaking Monday on NBC's "Today Show," Lane says she knew she'd never see Clifton again.
Lane is recovering from frostbite at a Carson City hospital. She was rescued by her brother and a friend on Dec. 5 - six days after she and Clifton became stranded in California's remote Hope Valley while traveling back to Gardnerville from visiting relatives.
Clifton's body was recovered the same day.
Upcoming Events near El Dorado Hills / Cameron Park / Placerville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Recipe: Quinoa, Egg & Veggie Breakfast Bites (and a Breakfast Challenge!)
- Dining News: Aji Japanese Bistro in El Dorado Hills 'Still Finding Its Voice'
- UPDATE: 4th of July Lake Tahoe fireworks show will continue
- Complete list of school closures for Tuesday, April 1, 2014
- Calif. snowpack survey forebodes tough summer