Emergency notification system implemented in El Dorado County | News
EL DORADO COUNTY, CA - A new emergency alert system for residents is now in place in El Dorado County.
The county can send public safety and public health-related messages to residents during and after emergency events by several means. Such emergencies could be urgent law enforcement situations, wildfire evacuations and hazardous materials spills.
The county's Office of Emergency Services uses the 911 database to call and leave a recorded message to all landline phone numbers within an affected geographical area of the county.
And/or by registering on the El Dorado County Sheriff's Office website, emergency messages can be sent to cellphones, email and VolP (Voice over IP - Internet provider) phone.
The county also urges to residents to be generally prepared in the case of emergencies. See the accompanying "Are You Ready" pdf for specifics.
Top El Dorado Hills / Cameron Park / Placerville Stories
Upcoming Events near El Dorado Hills / Cameron Park / Placerville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Join Safe Kids Celebration May 18
- Thrifting: Off to Denios We go
- Sierra College Foster Youth to Benefit from event: Glitz, Glamour, and Girlfriends
- Matt Redding Memorial Golf Tournament set for June 17 at Whitney Oaks Golf Club
- Steve Budiono Joins Community 1st Bank as Senior Vice President/Senior Relationship Manager